Our Commitment to the Future by Being Green and Sustainable
As a business, we strive to be mindful of the impact that we have on the world and its environment. Our staff also take pride in the positive actions they do in their own lives which, of course, all helps.
Valuing Our Team
Our team is our greatest asset and ensuring they are valued and their welfare is carefully considered is of upmost importance, which is why we have some special measures in place and some fantastic benefits to boot. Below are just some of the wellbeing policies we have in place:
- After working from home during the Covid-19 lockdowns, we are continuing to work from home 3 days a week and on a flexible basis to avoid unnecessary travel.
- Encouraging physical health, allowing staff to take time out to keep fit and enjoy the outdoors.
- Taking care of staff mental health, staying sensitive to any needs.
- Having a company-wide openness policy for all things related to Covid-19 and the impact of it both from the working and home environments allowing the team to be making their own decisions on what suits them best.
- We care about our staff and are all about the understanding of diversity and inclusion, leading to a happier and more productive environment.
Because of the nature of our business, our environmental impact is relatively low. We don’t build or manufacture anything, so our office and working emissions are very minimal. However, whilst this is the case, sustainability is still high on our agenda.
We’ve implemented several initiatives to try and help make a positive difference:
- We only use eco-friendly and refillable cleaning products.
- Offering and delivering a bike to work scheme.
- We use recyclable mugs for our daily coffees, have dedicated recycling bins and consider all that we purchase in terms of its origin and packaging.
- Use green and sustainable local printers and stock for any offline materials.
- Invest in green web-hosting.
- Our landlords have recently invested in the building we are situated in, ensuring that it is far more energy-efficient too.
- Consider the most energy efficient of equipment when purchasing new electrical items. All old items are disposed of responsibly through Green IT Disposal.
Green Web Hosting
Our web projects are built and hosted on platforms using sustainable energy. Both our providers have great green credentials, and we take every effort to keep abreast of changes they may take which affects this position.
Microsoft Azure Platforms
Microsoft Azure is up to 98 per cent more carbon efficient than using a traditional enterprise data centre. Microsoft has been carbon neutral since 2012 and is committed to being carbon negative by 2030. Azure has committed to focus on four key areas of environmental impact to local communities – carbon, water, waste and ecosystems.
You can read and learn more about the advances and promises of the Azure platforms via: https://azure.microsoft.com/en-gb/global-infrastructure/sustainability/
Fasthosts Green Platforms
Fasthosts data centres run on 100% renewable energy from Ørsted, a provider that aligns with their principles. Ørsted is one of the only suppliers in the UK that only provides renewable energy. This means the electricity powering their data centres is generated through offshore wind and biofuel, making Fasthosts' impact on the environment as low as they can make it without sacrificing any of the performance of their services.
They also hold an ISO 50001 certificate for energy management, so the renewable energy they use is allocated in the most efficient way possible.
You can read and learn more about the Fasthosts commitments via: https://www.fasthosts.co.uk/about/data-centre
Charity and the Community
We are proud to help and support some great local charities and causes which are dedicated to helping those with mental health and wellbeing:
CHARLIE WATKINS FOUNDATION
The Charlie Watkins Foundation aims to raise funds for partners of the foundation to better support young people who struggle with their mental health and wellbeing.
COLCHESTER & TENDRING YES
Providing a confidential, non-judgemental and informal service for young people between the ages of 11 and 25 who are facing difficulties in their lives.
Purple Tuesday is a change programme for organisations of all sizes from all sectors to get involved in, with the common goal of improving the customer experience for disabled people 365 days a year.